MODERN MIDLIFE 011 – Juggling it all and staying sane.
This week on Modern Midlife, I talk with Carol Wilson-Tiesma all about midlife and coping with its challenging ups and downs.
Carol is a Senior Affiliate Professor of French language and culture at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She also is involved in the University’s International House and the Summer Abroad program. In her spare time she enjoys playing guitar and participating in amateur musical events.
In this episode, Carol talks about her struggles with her first marriage and its impacts on her children as she negotiated a midlife divorce. She also share how she’s rebuilding her life now with the help of her new husband.
- Juggling 4 children and a new job as a professor
- The value of a supportive community – The Women’s Chorus
- Handling mental health issues with your own children as well as your students
- Working on myself so I could be ready for love when the opportunity came
“Having that rehearsal every week and spending that two hours with this group of wonderful women really made a huge difference for me.”
~ Carol Wilson-Tiesma ~
Resources mentioned – find them at these links…
- To know more about Carol follow her here on Facebook
- You can also hear Carol and her husband Dave on their podcast, An Open Letter here.
Want to see all of the Modern Midlife Interviews?
How are you handling the ups and downs of midlife? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!